Imagine a marriage where your emotional needs are met. You and your spouse talk openly, you have fun on dates, you are loving and loved. You’re a team!
Whether you’ve been married six months or sixty years, every marriage can use a boost. In this popular one-day conference led by Dr. Gary Chapman, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages®, you and your spouse will focus on the basics of every marriage. With wisdom and a healthy dose of humor, Dr. Chapman gives valuable tips on breaking unhealthy patterns and choosing to develop a more intimate, happy marriage.
Join us for what’s sure to be a highlight of your marriage and the beginning of many positive changes. Here’s what you can expect to learn:
- Communication 101 — Honest and healthy communication is essential for a thriving marriage. Most couples experience some sort of difficulty in having profitable discussions with their spouse. Some even say, “We don’t really talk at all.” Discover your own tendency to be a “babbling brook” or a “dead sea” and how to deal with its implications. Hear Dr. Chapman present memorable anecdotes that drive home his practical advice that any couple can use to improve their communication.
- Understanding and Expressing Love — What should couples do when those exciting feelings of love seem to be long gone? Learning your spouse’s “love language” and choosing to act out of love are the steps to renewing your relationship. Dr. Chapman explains how to rekindle those emotions with a few simple strategies couples can use to express love to their spouses and refill the empty “love tank” in each of them.
- Initiating Positive Change — Dr. Chapman speaks to both wives and husbands in this session as he shares the key to thriving marriages. While stressing the value and significance of both partners, he will help couples gain clarity in their quest toward a unified, growing marriage. You will receive advice on how to handle strong disagreements, power struggles and poor decisions.
- Making Sex a Mutual Joy — We may giggle at or avoid the subject, but there is no denying that God created sex and designed it as a powerful forum for loving your spouse. What better place to address misconceptions, talk about difficulties and explain God’s intention for sex than a session with Dr. Gary Chapman, who has over 40 years of experience in marital counseling and can candidly address this important issue?
- How to Share the Things that Bug You — When the differences within your marriage rear their ugly heads, how do you process them without damaging your mate? In this session, Dr. Chapman will teach you ways to lovingly accept your spouse while letting your voice be heard. Learn the delicate art of constructive criticism and how to let laughter reign in your marriage.